Used to discuss topics like these on that...other forum. I think they get about as many posts in a month as a slow Intraday updates thread.
Anyway, I'm starting with a prediction. Current-gen iPod touch-like iPhone (with an A5, but I doubt will retain the iPhone 4S name) will debut alongside the iPhone 5S. And since a "redesigned iPhone 4S" (with the current Retina Display and a Lightning interface) would steal too much thunder from a "lookalike" iPhone 5S, my WAG is that the iPhone 5S will actually be more like an iPhone 6 and also sport a significantly different look.
Apple had "no good reason" to branch out with a current-gen 16GB iPod touch right now and conspicuously leave all iOS-based iPods with just a Lightning interface and the newest Retina Display. It's a signal of something, or Tim Cook isn't who I thought he was.
Thanks, Steve. The AAPL Tree is now on Apple News (iOS + web-readable and SOON on macOS) at apple.news/TuY-CX_-jRziryK895rDu6g - for a jumble of AAPL fundamentals, tech comment and a bit of AAPL chart nonsense | the ol' blog's at aapltree.wordpress.com | archived blog's on Medium @aapltree | Twitter @aapltree
- Improved Siri (voice recognition and response time). Right now it's not good enough for me to use other than in my car to make a call - and that only works if there isn't much background noise (ok, I have a crappy car...)
- Fixing the stupid alarm clock and podcast bugs regarding accessing cellular data, even though my data is always turned on by default. Frankly I am really annoyed that this has not yet been fixed via an update. I don't know if anyone else has this issue but it's well documented. This one just drives me insane and makes me wonder WTF Apple is doing. Pisses me off every time I set my alarm or listen to a podcast. It's not good that I have more issues with Apple apps than 3rd party apps.
- More easily accessible basic functions. How about being able to turn on Bluetooth from the lock screen? I only use it in my car and having to navigate through settings is a PITA.
- "Send by SMS" feature to bypass a non-working iMessage should be customizable to each contact, or at least by local/international. I will happily send an SMS to anyone local but I wouldn't do it and pay international text message fees to my international contacts. This is really a no-brainer and would take iMessage from great to near perfect (intermittent data outages aside). Right now it is too inconvenient so I have the feature disabled. This results in some people getting my iMessages hours after I send it (not everyone has a data plan yet, and they may be on iPod touch or iPad).
- Proper transit integration in Maps. Isn't it about time? I don't want to connect through a crappy 3rd party app to get my bus routes. I use Google Maps for this and I hate to do so but it blows Apple Maps out of the water for this purpose. I don't know what's taking so long.
Too much to ask? I hope not. I care less about new features and more about much needed improvements to existing ones.
sponge: Regarding the future of VR, I think it will be huge. I was a gamer when I was in college. But as an adult I lost interest. Last fall I flew up to visit my son at college and check out his new Vive set up. After playing with it for the weekend, I was
Apr 29, 2018 15:25:17 GMT -5
galleybob: thanks for your answer. I will copy and send to her
Nov 7, 2017 15:32:18 GMT -5
rickag: So since Jan 28th 2015 AAPL is up from 117.27 to 157.21
Aug 21, 2017 20:09:43 GMT -5
artman1033: VXAPL = 29.21 AAPL = $117.27 AFTER EARNINGS
Jan 28, 2015 14:54:46 GMT -5
artman1033: VXAPL = 44.94 AAPL = $110.39 BEFORE EARNINGS
Jan 27, 2015 11:12:53 GMT -5